7/17/07

The Travelers

Earle and Shawn are home at last from their Asia trip. I will try to post a few pics when they have all been downloaded.

What an adventure they had; eleven days in Taiwan and Japan, a category five typhoon, and a 6.4 earthquake (experienced from the swaying, creaking vantage point of a hotel room on the 24th floor in downtown Tokyo.

O.K., here's the thing, they took video of the swaying room during the earthquake instead of putting on their shoes and heading for the ground floor. When they did decide to leave they took the elevator. Were they not paying attention to all those action movies (that they so love) where people get trapped in elevators in emergencies? I don't think I can let these two travel together anymore! They are too much trouble.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I thought they missed the quake! As a former Californian, I would've been running for the stairs DOWN!!