7/31/07

A Funny Pair

I enjoy good British comedy. For years I followed the adventures of Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "bouquet" for those not in-the-know) and her hen-pecked husband Richard in the BBC hit show Keeping Up Appearances. Now I have a new British comedy indulgence: Jeeves and Wooster. If you haven't caught this show before, it is really worth a look. Wooster, a snooty aristocrat with hair-brained ideas about life, employs a valet, Jeeves, who saves the day again and again. Dry-witted British humor permeates the show, of course, which easily whittles its way into your list of must-views.
The show was made popular during the early 90's and starred Stephen Fry as Jeeves and Hugh Laurie (famous for playing Dr. House in the TV series of the same name. My favorite show, which is now between seasons) as Wooster. I highly recommend putting this series of shows on your Blockbuster queue, but not until I've finished viewing them and I'm only on season one of four. Don't do it. Don't press that "add to queue" button. I know who you are and where you live!



Speaking of funny pairs. I just had to include this photo of Earle's sister and brother-in-law. This picture epitomises the joy and laughter that permeates their home, at all times. They exude warmth and joy, the kind of joy that only comes from knowing that everything in this life is safely in the hands of The Creator. A visit to their home is like a haven of comfort, a place you know you will be accepted and valued. They have a gift for that and a gift for spreading joy! All of Earle's siblings are unique and I am blessed by knowing each one of them. We will miss visiting with them this summer, but look forward to a trip to Maine in the fall.



Last, but not least, this pair's picture speaks for itself. They will both want to track me down now. I will have to go into hiding! Just when they thought they were safe, these darned pics show up after all! Face-painters beware of moms with cameras.

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

Sorry, DMF, but I've put in on my BB list. Nothing you can do about it. Great pic of your sis and bil. How did you bribe S., to get him to agree to the publication of that photo? LOL.

Lisa said...

Oh, Gretchen, he has no idea yet. He is still sound asleep! I guess it is just a case of the early bird catches the worm. There may be h*ll to pay later though! hehe

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


-Deborah Kate-
P.s Keeping up appearences is a very funny show. I have the most pity for poor Richard.....tsk, poor guy. lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi hun,

This was the only way I could contact you from Osaka. Email doesn't work here - their network prevents it, and the phones all require Japanese phone cards. I'm still here due to mechanical problems. The repair has so far taken 3 hours, plus we were an hour late arriving, but you probably know all of this, being internet savvy. Also, I just happened to check for typhoons and there is another big one bearing down on southern Japan by tomorrow morning. I guess we can still fly around it. Maybe? If we hurry? When I get to Taipei, I probably won't be able to get a bus to Taichung since it will be middle of the night, and no money unless I find an ATM that accepts my cards, so I'm not sure where I'll end up.

They just made another announcement - one more hour. Ok, time to check on the typhoon. I'll keep you updated when I can.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update, hun. Sorry to hear they haven't gotten those repairs done yet. Yes, I have been watching your flights online and knew you were delayed. Maybe you can get a hotel near the airport for the night in Taipei, if and when they finally get you there!

Love and prayers

Anonymous said...

I soooo love your blog, I can keep up with my brother and his travels as well as what is going on in NY!The comment section has been very busy this morning:) Mrs. FIG is also traveling abroad later today. Cool pic of the Browns, I'm sure they will be happy to know it has been shared on a grand scan. Never saw S look so good!

Bev

ZePuKa said...

Ahahahaha! BLACKMAIL! Mwahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

...*cough* >_>