7/12/07

Games and Goodies

Yesterday afternoon Gretchen invited me over for a rousing game of Scrabble and some chit-chat. I brought the goodies which consisted of Pioneer Woman's guacamole with some assorted chips for dipping and this luscious, fat cell stimulating mixed berry crisp. We devoured it topped with excessive dollops of whipped cream. My clothes will never fit the same again!
This recipe is simple as pie. Actually, it is simpler than pie. Here is the recipe:
Blueberry Crisp (I used frozen mixed berries)
3 cups blueberries or 1 pkg (16oz) frozen unsweetened blueberries
2 T lemon juice (I skipped this)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
(seriously, who uses margarine? yuck. butter all the way)
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Cream or Ice Cream ( I used whipped cream)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange blueberries in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 (mine was a little bigger). Sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix brown sugar, flour, oats, butter, cinnamon, and salt; sprinkle on top.
Bake until topping is light brown and blueberries are hot, about 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream. 4-6 servings.

Oooh, here it is in the oven all bubbly and yummy!

This is the cookbook it is from. It is my old standby. Notice the worn cover and deteriorated spine. Kinda like me! lol. Doesn't it just crack you up that it is the "New and Revised Edition", then you look inside to find dated pics of ladies in the kitchen wearing their lovely yellow 70's smocks. Looks like a scene right out of That 70's Show.


The finished product. Go, make some crisp, gain some weight. You don't want me to suffer alone do you?

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

uh-oh! That is definitely tempting! and I've been so good with just sorbet this week- that deserves a little something extra, right?