7/16/07

Polymer Progress

The men-folk are coming home from Asia today; home to safety. As it turned out, the typhoon, Man-Yi, turned early thus avoiding a direct hit on Tokyo. The weather was very rainy there, but it quickly dissipated and they weren't in any danger.

I have been using my free time to finish up a bunch of polymer clay projects I began a while ago.
I haven't made a lot of jewelry with clay before. These are a new venture for me.


Here I have deconstructed a store-bought bracelet; removing various larger dangles and replacing them with clay leaves I cut from several of my leaf canes. I also added a translucent gold wash of paint to the leaves to echo the antiqued brass of the bracelet.



More leaves waiting to be put on the bracelet. The larger dangle at the left is one I took off. I intend to make matching earrings with them.


I made these beads a while ago and just now got around to stringing them into a bracelet. I purchased small silver beads as spacers between the clay beads. If I had a better camera you could actually see them!



Next, there are two pendants I made. The one with the fruit motif I made the beads for almost six months ago. About time I finished it up! The other is from newly made canes. I think it looks kind of Celtic. They both tie at the back of the neck so the length is adjustable.



















The table in my studio is a huge mess of polymer clay bits and pieces! It is nice to have a designated space where I can leave my projects out until I have time to get back to them again.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Do you sell any of these?

Jenni said...

I really love the bracelet at top and the blue diamond/flower pendant. The brown/floral beads look like tiny chocolate petit fours. I want to eat them up:o)