7/23/07

Green Beans

"Hey hon, are those fresh green beans from the garden? They look yummy!"

It's amazing how many beans you can get from two small rows of plants. They were loaded. This is about half the beans. The others need to grow bigger still and the plants are still blossoming so there will be more to come.


I cooked about a third of the beans and put the rest in the frig for the next few days.

Here they are fresh from the pot, dripping with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Makes your mouth water, doesn't it? Come on, you know it does. Yes, they really were that good.


Truffle thought so too.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow, those look so wonderful. My bean plants are just now blossoming. They are all over the place too, as I did a terrible job of staking them. Loved Mr. Truffle, too!

TT

Gretchen said...

You've been tagged. See my blog. Sorry!!! Had to do it. My acquaintance is so limited on Blogspot as of yet! Hope you forgive me!