6/10/07

Welcome to the Studio

Now for a tour of my art studio which until a week ago used to be our home office/guest room. It is still a make-shift guest room for those travellers that venture our way. I figure I can start charging them now. It costs big bucks to stay in an artist's studio! 'Tis a very trendy resort get-away.

The studio was in the basement and that location worked fine for keeping the mess contained, but now that I am starting to take on art students and clients again this locale will work much better.
My studio has its own outside entrance while at the same time being in the quieter section of the house. The best bonus of all is the air-conditioner. It is our only air-conditioned room.
My poor husband gave up his office space to accommodate my studio, but don't feel too bad for him just yet. Here he is enjoying his new space in the greatroom. He can enjoy the view, watch tv as he works, and play basketball on breaks!

On to the studio pics:





Ah, I shall enjoy! Happy painting to me!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Lucky you! It looks great. Glad to see there's still a spot for us, too. You'll probably get lots of inspiration with a new space, too.

Gretchen said...

Looks so nice, and better, it must feel great to have a place in which to create and teach. Looking forward to seeing some of your artwork here.