6/22/07

Crazy Kid

This is my son, Shawn. He is a 16 year old boy.
Enough said.

This is Shawn's garter snake he found in the grass. Isn't it cute?! What did a 16 year old boy want to do with a garter snake he found in the grass? Why tame it, of course. Hold it, and pet it, and stroke it, until it calms down and acts civilized.


Notice the blood. The snake wanted no part of being "tamed". After said boy was bitten on the hands at least ten times, he decided the snake was a lost cause and was better off back in the grass. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

A boy after my own heart. I used to catch those little garter snakes all the time as a child. They do like to nip.

Vanessa said...

I had no idea garter snakes were biters! Of course, I always admired them from afar... I think that was a good choice to return him to the wild. Maybe he'll come and visit.