6/20/07

End of the School Year

Our school year is all but done. Shawn has one more paper to finish writing for health and then summer is here! We finished up Biology with some dissections. Here are some pics of Shawn with two good friends dissecting a perch one day and then a frog another. We dissected the worm and crayfish at home by ourselves. I was glad the perch and frog were done at our friends' home! The smell of two large specimens each day was not pleasant!



On Monday our local homeschool group had our first curriculum sale. There were many sellers, but few buyers. I ended up unloading a few items and making around $100, far short of what I had hoped. I'm sure it will be much better next year once the word is out! There were about 40 tables of people selling. I'm sure we will attract quite a crowd once it catches on. It was a lot of work for those who organized it. They did a wonderful job!

Today we are off for a last minute field trip to a local monastery. They raise sheep there and keep bees. I am hoping to come away from the gift shop with some goodies! The monastery is right over the hill and I never knew it was there. My friend Gretchen told me about it. We are going there this afternoon with Gretchen and her daughter. I am really looking forward to it!

Then, on Thursday night we have our end of the year homeschool picnic. After that is over I will finally feel as though we are done for the year. I will be planning the last minute details of Julia's graduation party. After the party it will be summer vacation! Time for art work and long days of crickets chirping and buzzing in the heat. If you need me you can find me here, in my sanctuary:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Gillis,

That is a horrible picture of me! I look cross-eyed! lol.
The dissections went better than i thought they would, although the frog was pretty gross. :P

Blessings,

Deborah Kate

Lisa said...

Deborah, I loved your expression! It said, "I really don't want to have to touch that slimy thing. Perhaps I'll just hold the book and direct the two of you."