5/9/08

Good News

Some of you may remember that I applied for a teaching position back in January. Well, one refreshed resume, several application essays, two interviews, and a lot of waiting later and I was offered the job today! I accepted over the phone, but the paperwork will need to be done to make it official. I will be the new art teacher at a local Christian school beginning this September. It is a full time position for art, grades K-12. I can hardly believe it has actually happened. I am about to burst. When Earle comes home tomorrow we'll have some serious celebrating to do!

When we ask Him for something that is so big we are sure we could never attain it on our own and then it happens, we know it is Him and not us who deserves the credit. I really never thought I would have the opportunity to teach full time again. I have been out of the classroom a very long time and have homeschooled, the kiss of death for a public school teacher! I wasn't sure I would even want to go back to the public school system. Then this position fell right into my lap, right at the best time. I feel so incredibly small in the hand of He who with those same hands sets into motion the whole workings of the universe. And yet, He knows every hair on my head and every need within my heart.

6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wonderful! Your students will be blessed.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I've always wondered what I will do when my homeschooling days are over. I'm not sure I want to go back into the public school, either! There are no private schools in our area.

I'm not there yet, though. I have 2 in school for another year, and then my youngest needs to get all the way through high school.

Time will tell.

God bless!

Jean

Angela said...

This is fabulous news! You have inspired me and you probably didn't even know it! I am sure you will be spectacular with the kids!

Vanessa said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

Daisy said...

Congratulations! Sounds like so much fun.

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! Congrats, Mom!!