1/21/08

Changes

January seems to be the month for change. We start the new year with resolutions and goals of our own devising, but sometimes life forces other changes upon us. Some changes that have happened this week and this month so far:


-Truffle has been doing well on his diabetic cat diet of Fancy Feast at least three times a day, but he has been waking us up after only six hours of sleep because he is hungry. We've changed his diet to include a free-feeding bowl of high protein, dry food for overnight. Hopefully, his blood sugar levels will not change and he will adjust well. It's been like having a baby in the house again!




-The homeschooling boards over at The Well Trained Mind that I frequent have changed drastically this weekend. Some members are thrilled over the new format and others are trying to decide if it's worth the adjustment. I hope most decide to stay, it would be hard to see our little family of homeschool moms split up.




-What began as an additional website which I could send prospective students to has changed to a website I can send prospective employers to as well. An art teaching position at a local Christian school may be opening up and I've already spoken with the school and picked up an application. If there is indeed an opening, it would be for this fall. Shawn would be a senior and only a part-time homeschooler, hopefully taking classes at the Community College. This could be an answer to prayer, so please pray. We will soon have two kids in college and a second bread winner in the family would be a blessing.




-After much consideration, we left our church before Christmas. Not having a church family over the holidays was less than idea, but we felt led to leave and leave we did. We have now settled into a new home, same denomination (Christian and Missionary Alliance). Shawn seems to like the youth group, Julia has already volunteered to help with children's church, and Earle and I are feeling right at home. Church change can be such a disturbance in your life. The new pastor at the church we left was difficult to adjust to. The whole temperament of the church changed. Many, many people decided not to call it home anymore. Many of the elders have left as well and feel as though the decision to call this new pastor was not the right one. Time will tell what God has in mind.




With all this change to deal with my physical system has had a bit of a breakdown. Yesterday, I had one of those twice-a-year all out, puke my guts out and spend the day in bed migraines. I thought my temples would explode. If you are a migraine sufferer you know of what I speak. I get frequent migraines, but only a few a year that are so severe that I am physically nauseous.




So, I've been dealing with a lot of change. Hopefully, the next month will be smoother sailing, but I am suspicious that it will bring more of the same.




What changes have you been dealing with? How have they affected your life? Do you deal with change well?




Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Hebrews 13:8

(New King James)


Thank God for that!

10 comments:

Gretchen said...

Praying for the job and that your headaches subside.

Barb said...

Wow, your new blog is fabulous. I love your polymer clay work....my son loves the chess set. Do you have more photos? We tried to do this a few years ago and he was just too young to really stick to it but now that he is a bit older he wants to try again.

Great idea!
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/harmonyartmom

Lisa said...

Thanks Gretchen. I'll keep you posted. My head is feeling much better today and I am feverishly working on essays for the application!

Lisa said...

Barb,

I will get out the set and take some more pics for you as soon as I get a chance. Look for a new post about the chess set on this blog soon :-)

Isn't polymer clay great stuff?! It's a medium that works for all ages, even us moms.

my5wolfcubs said...

I'll have to go check out your other blog! We love polymer clay (I've only bought Sculpey brand) here! I'll be praying about the art teaching position!
Lee (from the WTM board)

Lisa said...

Thanks Lee!

I use Sculpey too. I have another brand too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Hi! I love your place. Your art is so beautiful. It is an area in which I am definitely not gifted. I appreciate your sharing yours.

I hope you are feeling better! That is no fun.

I can relate to the change thing. I have recently felt called to cut out almost everything that pulls me away from this house and focus more here. It is strange and I wonder what's next. I wonder if I am "hearing" correctly, you know!

thanks!
melissa

Lisa said...

Yeah Melissa, I know what you mean. I was just in the middle of that "refocusing on the house" mode when all the changes began to hit. Ugh. Part of me wants to set them all aside and go back to the simplicity I was beginning to experience. Life is messy like that. Perhaps He was allowing me to put everything in order around here so I would be able to take on something else? Like you,I'm not sure either.

DebMc said...

Changes. Ugh. Even small ones can be hard. Large ones rock your world. The funny thing is when something is small to you, it is large to me and vice versa. We all need to be gentle with each other.
I hope you are finding your balance and regaining health.
DebMc aka Happy from WTM

Lisa said...

Thanks for the kind words, Deb. I enjoyed your post about change too. You have such a wonderful way with words. I truly enjoy reading your blog :-)