5/8/08

Friday's Feast

Here's The Feast for you! Happy Friday everyone. See you in the comments as usual. I can't wait to see what you all have to say. It's been quite a week for us here between the SAT exam, the college placment exam, the fencing class tournament, and the dog incident. I'm sure glad it's Friday!




Appetizer
When someone smiles at you, do you smile back?


Soup
Describe the flooring in your home. Do you have carpet, hardwood, vinyl, a mix?


Salad
Write a sentence with only 5 words, but all of the words have to start with the first letter of your first name.


Main Course
Do you know anyone whose life has been touched by adoption?


Dessert
Name 2 blue things.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Appetizer: Yes, unless it's one of those fake, manipulative smiles. Usually when people smile at you they are opening themselves up. Some people are very guarded and don't smile often. When they do, be sure to give a gentle smile back :-)

Soup: We have cat-puke colored carpet in the greatroom ;-), underfloor heated tile in the kitchen and bathrooms, hardwood in the dining room and bedrooms, and berber carpet in my studio. Not that one would want a carpeted studio, but it was there when we came.

Salad: Lonely linguists lament losing languages.

Main Course: Yes, we helped a family adopt a toddler from Haiti a few years ago. Her birth family didn't want her and she was burned on the head from being thrown into the fire as a baby. I'll never forget that story. Ever.

Dessert: Me missing my honey who comes home tomorrow. Forget-me-nots.

Unknown said...

Appetizer
Sometimes I forget to, but most of the time I think I do.


Soup
Our flooring is of mixed variety, with cold hardwood floor by our beds for our toes in the morning.


Salad
Jubilant jumping jackalopes jitter joyously.

Main Course
Yes

Dessert
My left eye
My right eye

Daisy said...

Appetizer: I'm not sure. Probably. I think a genuine smile is contagious!

Soup: Ceramic tile with the exception of the bedrooms which are a tan cut Berber.

Salad: Desperate Dummies Dare Dastardly Deeds.

Main Course: My best friend in the world was adopted by her foster Mom. I love her dearly.

Dessert: The Western Scrub-Jay who thinks he owns my yard and the fresh blueberries in my refrigerator.

Lisa said...

Julia, I love your sentence! I think you're cheating a little though, only part of your left and right eyes are blue ;-)

(she has hazel, very changeable eyes for those who don't know)

Daisy, your sentence is hysterical too! Those jays are very overbearing birds, aren't they? Big bullies.

I love to see what everyone comes up with!