5/30/08

Food Stuff

Have you missed me? I've been taking a small blogging break. Something had to take up all the time I usually spend here. So, we've been eating! Since Friday's Feast is on vacation this week, I thought I'd share a feast of my own making, the yummy kind. To say "we like food" at our house is understatement extraordinaire. We cook. We eat. Therefore we are.


Breaking in the new wok from Taiwan with a batch of fajitas. I know, wrong culture. It worked great though! Our stove even has a wok ring that you place on a burner to hold the wok in place. It is so cool!

Can I tell you how much I adore pumpkin? I can eat it any time of year. This particular Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Gingersnap Crust was particularly yummy last week, especially with pecans substituted for the hazelnuts in the crust.



This is truly a sad sight. I only made this batch of brownies last night and Shawn and I are the only ones home! These are the best chocolate brownies ever, ever, ever, ever.........ever.
Brownies
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square pan. (I used Corelle greased with butter). In a medium bowl (I used my KichenAid mixer for this recipe) combine melted butter and cocoa, stirring until dissolved. Add sugar and mix well. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips. Spread in pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Do not over bake. There's nothing worse than dried up brownies! Test with a toothpick for doneness. Toothpick should come out of center with moist crumbs, not clean. Cool, cut, eat. Yum.
You can thank me later. Just don't send me the bill for your new pants, one size bigger.
Happy Friday everyone!

5 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Happy Friday to you too! Boy... your pictures and the food... looks very good... *Ü* To bad we can have scratch and sniff websites hu?? I would love to w/ that cheesecake... numie...

Glad you are back from your break...

Lisa

Lisa said...

I love that idea: Scratch and Sniff websites! You are too funny Lisa!

C said...

Just so you know, dear blog owner ;o), I'm taking the recipe for the brownies, sticking it up on a cabinet door, and will contemplate long and hard whether I'm going to let myself make them (no kids here to eat them for awhile) or ever, ever, ever share the recipe.

I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Thank you.

Vanessa said...

Ooooh- that food looks so good! I REALLY could use a batch of those chocolate brownies and I can´t wait to try them when I get back to the States. Hope you´re enjoying your summer!

Anonymous said...

Okay, #1 I love your stove and I want to be unfaithful to mine now. I want to divorce it and marry yours. But then your stove would be two-timing on you and you probably wouldn't like that. And #2 The Pastor also adores pumpkin anything anytime of year. He would eat a pumpkin pie every day of the year if he could, I think.