3/11/08

Creativity Tag

Deb over at Creative Soul tagged me with an 8 Random Creative Things About Me meme. I enjoyed reading her meme musings and will comply, because as the Borg say, "Resistance is futile", and it seems fun!

1. I don't really have a favorite color. I love them all so much my favorites change. Some colors I adore more than others though, these include: periwinkle, red, white, tangerine, apple green....
*
2. My creativity comes is spurts. I can work on a painting for days on end, barely thinking to eat, and then work on nothing for months. There have been times I've had to rein that tendency in when I needed to finish a painting for a client, but that is my natural creativity rhythm.
*
3. Listening to classical music or music from other countries like Celtic or Aboriginal can really turn on the creativity spark. I don't play any instruments though and please don't ask me to sing! I love to sing when I'm alone, but my pathetic attempts are not for others' ears.
*
4. When my creative soul needs encouraging and renewing, nothing works better than a stroll along a nature trail. Being out in God's creation brings back my creativity, it makes me feel connected to the Creator.
*
5. My sister is always trying to encourage me to dress "artsy", but I like to blend in to the background a little too much. She is the extrovert and can pull it off!
*
6. While I was still in high school, and deciding on a career path, my areas of interest were: art, math, and astro-physics. I almost decided to minor in math in college. I took Calc I, Calc II and Computer Science before abandoning math due to the time commitment. The art classes were too demanding of my time. I know I made the right choice.
*
7. Going to museums is supposed to be inspirational, and it is now for me, but it wasn't always that way. I used to become very discouraged when I saw how far I still needed to progress in my art compared to the masters who hung in the museums. Perfectionistic tendencies are real creativity killers. They will paralyze you. Thankfully, I no longer feel that way, at all. I have been to museums across the US and parts of Europe and loved every minute of it. My favorite artist is Jan Van Eyke and my least favorite of the well know masters is Pablo Picasso.
*
8. Winter is no fun. The lack of sunshine severely affects my energy level and my creativity level. thank goodness it's almost spring!Now, I suppose I should tag someone else, but I will leave it open ended.
*
If you would like to participate and respond to this meme on your blog, I encourage you to do it! (and let us all know you did) Happy creating!

1 comment:

DebMc said...

Thanks for playing, Lisa! Fun list.

Art, Math, and Astro-physics???? Oh, my...and the *art* classes were too demanding? LOL

I'm a non-winter person, too. This time of year makes me impatient.

And, oh, I do understand about museums being depressing. They aren't for me because I don't paint, but bookstores can be that way. All those other people have managed to get published......

The purple cape sounds both artsy and fun. You are right, I'd love it.