1/1/08

Wrapping Up the Holidays

Christmas and New Year's have come and gone. The long awaited quiet has begun to settle over the house like a thick blanket of snow, muffling the holiday hubbub. Monday morning Shawn and I start school up again. Time to head back into the routine of life.
Heard earlier in the living room:

Shawn said, "Mom, we start school this coming Monday you know."

I said, "Yes", not paying much attention to the young man's warning.

Shawn insists, "You need to get your act together and be ready!"

I let out a groan and return to some mindless activity...


Here are some random Christmas memories I wanted to share with you all. I hope this holiday season brought great blessings to you. I am full of Earle's homemade chipotle chicken chowder, snuggled on the couch near the one remaining Christmas decoration, the tree, feeling safe, warm, and blessed in the cocoon we call home.

Our German pyramid of tiny wooden carolers whirrs round and round atop the piano.


Smokey incense wafts from the mouth of our German chimney sweep smoker as he scents the room.

Earle and Shawn performing an encore presentation of a British comedy skit for the family's amusement on Christmas Day at my sister's house. For a good laugh, watch the real Bird and Fortune as they present their skit on the sub-prime mortgage situation.


The chocolate cherry mouse brigade. Is it just me or do they look a little nervous?



Old fashioned English wassail. A family tradition.



An apron for my favorite baker! My first attempt at sewing in years and years. Not too bad! The pattern is on line free here:

Susan Branch Scalloped Apron Pattern

What are cousins for? Adam adds some much needed adornment to Shawn's new fencing attire.



Yes, I am flying a helicopter, in the house. Yes, it is heading right towards me. I had no control, just as I suspected. You may laugh with me now.

Holiday Blessings


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look how happy you are with that chopper. See, you do like flying when you can be the pilot - it's the control thing. There's only one logical solution - you'll have to become an airline pilot.

Lisa said...

Very funny Earle, I mean "anonymous" ;-)