1/15/08

The Helper

"Shawn, what are you readin'? Oh, The Scarlett Letter, one of my favorites. What about that little girl, Pearl, isn't she precious? Just like me, little old Daisy Mae, huh? What do you mean by a pearl grows from an irritant?! I hope that insult wasn't intended for me?"
"How much longer do ya think you'll be reading?"

"You know, Shawn, I think there's a real interesting part somewhere back here...where was that now? Are you going to be writing a paper on this, because I would be a big help picking out the quotes to use. That Dimsdale guy is kinda 'dim' don't ya think? Hehe, purrr."

Hey, Shawn, are you almost done cause I'm gettin' a little bored with this book."


"That's right, we could just play for a little. Mrs. Schmuck, your video teacher, won't even notice you're goofin' around in class. See, she's too involved with her 'real' students to even notice you. Come on, poke me again, this time I'm going to get that pencil, you'll see! I knew you couldn't resist my belly spots and come hither look for long!"

I'll fill ya in on the book later, let's play some more!!"



"Man, all that reading was exhausting. You're on your own with the paper."

4 comments:

Lil' Lardy-Poo said...

Thats my Girl! What a darlin'

Daisy said...

What is it with cats and books? My cats make a bee-line for any book they see open and promptly sit on it. With all the books around here, they are surely brillant by now. ;) Loved your post.

Lisa said...

Daisy,

So true, they should all be geniuses! They are not discrimintating readers though, since they are attracted to piles of junk mail as well...perhaps they should choose their reading material more wisely! Thanks for your comment. It made me laugh!

Jean in Wisconsin said...

This could only be written by someone who has lived with a cat!

:-) Jean