11/28/07

Nature's Simple Beauty

I love rocks. Especially beach rocks, rounded by the ebb and flow of the sea. Polished, smooth. I collect rocks. I paint pictures of rocks. I have decorative rocks in my garden. I have a bag full of rocks we collected several years ago on a beach in Cape Breton, Canada, a most magical place.

The beach in Cape Breton. It just cries out to rock hounds doesn't it?
So, this bag of rocks finally became a part of my world. They are no longer relegated to the shelf in the basement.
I sorted out several sizes and then gave them a light coat of clear nail polish. Now they look like they do when you are at the beach and the rocks are damp and their colors are heightened.
Then, I took a tray, and a bag of preserved moss, and some pine needles collected from the neighbor's trees across the street, and three candles I bought on clearance at the craft store, and I arranged them into a miniature wonderland.

The candle light makes the rocks sing.
Oh, that I was small enough to walk around this little rock garden and leap from stone to stone.

Nature's simple beauty

So quick and so easy. Bring some nature inside this holiday season. It will bring joy to your heart and peace to your soul.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Beautiful display! I want one!

Skeller said...

Oh Lisa!!!
This is brilliant!!! Clear nail polish?!? If I didn't have such a nasty dust problem in this house of mine (like it comes back w/in 12 hours of me dusting. blech!), I'd be all over this idea and would have rocks everywhere!! Ok. Back to finish the original post...