10/1/07

Pie Princess

On Saturday we picked two pints of raspberries at the apple orchard. They are a favorite of one young lady in our house who immediately thought they would be good candidates for a pie. Yesterday I guided her through the pie crust making process and we scoured the internet for a raspberry pie recipe. Old Betty Crocker failed me this one time. There is no recipe for raspberry pie in my book. The recipe Julia used worked beautifully and was easy as pie!! It called for a top crust, but Julia is a crumb topping fan. It was a wise choice and tasted so, so good. Wow, warm pie and vanilla ice cream, what a treat.

Cutting in the shortening


Don't those berries look good?


Great job, Julia! We all think you should bake more often!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mum!!! Thanks for the post about my pie, it sure was fun to make and we demonstrated great teamwork in making it. It may have been my fingers, but it was your direction that made the pie!