10/30/07

Felt Projects

I so enjoyed making the felt pillows that I decided to tackle a few more projects that have been floating around in my head. So far I have used inexpensive polyester craft felt from Michael's, but I would like to find a good source for some wool felt. The colors and richness of the texture is so much nicer. At 10-20 cents a sheet this stuff is really cheap though! Cheap is always a good thing when you are playing around with new ideas.

A goodie bag for Shawn's door. You are never too old for Halloween candy. Two refills on the peanut butter cups and counting.

Julia's goodie bag has had its second refill of Dove chocolates. Hmm, it appears to be empty again at the moment...


An orange-marmalade cat bookmark for my sister Kathy. We both have fall birthdays and will be celebrating together in a couple of weeks. Since she is in South Carolina right now and away from her computer I am safe showing the pic before the gift is given!

A work in progress. This time the pillow will be for Christmas. I drew the swirly winds with chalk and am now stitching them with silver metallic embroidery floss. The polymer clay mittens have been waiting for a purpose. I poked button holes in them before they were baked. Now I can sew them on the pillow, swirling and twirling in the frosty breeze. A few stitched snowflakes will complete the wintry look.

Mitten detail.

Little winter mittens are precious things don't you think? I shall have to update you all when the pillow is finished.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I really, really love those felt projects. Beautiful and sweet.

Vanessa said...

You know, if you picked up knitting you could knit your own felted objects :)