8/20/07

Home at Last

Was it really only two and a half weeks? It seemed more like that many months by the time The Traveler returned! Tomorrow he gets to drag his jet-lagged "you-know-what" all the way up to Maine after just arriving home Saturday. I'm not letting him out of my sight this time though. I shall be accompanying him.



I always like to have a nice meal waiting for him when he comes home from a trip. Weeks of hotel and airline food can make one crave the simple pleasures of a home cooked meal. I opted for something cold instead of hot this time which worked out perfectly since his last flight was delayed. We enjoyed a cup of tea, of course, turkey and blt wraps, and guacamole salad (a recipe passed along to my by Gretchen). The food was welcoming, but the company made it feel like home.


1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I hope you guys get back soon! I miss the competition with the DMF!!