4/6/08

In the Studio

Background done

Up close.

You can almost smell the wet paint


A beginning, but a long way to go


Next up: watercolor


Lilacs


With the kids gone to visit a friend and Earle in Germany for work, I had the whole day to myself today. I didn't do one iota of housework, unless you count cleaning up a hairball, but that really was necessary. How many times can you walk over it and pretend it isn't there?! Anyway, I spent the afternoon and evening painting. I started work on a new acrylic painting and then played around with some watercolors and a Chinese brush on some small squares of watercolor paper I've had laying around ready to use up.


After the drabness of winter I am longing for color, can you tell?



Tonight I can sit back, put my feet up, relax, and watch part two of Sense and Sensibility on PBS. My back is tired from painting. The couch sounds inviting.



I also finished Miss Clare Remembers today. It is my favorite Miss Read book so far. Time to request the next one from inter-library loan.

6 comments:

DebMc said...

I love the lilacs painting. Such rich colors! I, too, am craving color. At the garden center yesterday, I bought reds, oranges, purples, and blue. I can't grow lilacs here, too hot, but have fond memories of my lilac bush at our old home.

There is NO reason to clean house while home alone. How will anyone understand how hard cleaning is unless they are there to witness it? If they don't see it, they think it happens all by itself.

Much better that you painted all day.

Ruskin said...

Fantastic work! You deserved to put your feet up at the end of such a productive day. i find you can only work if you have a full day with no distractions or commitments. I saw Susan Wise Bauer's blog she getting up at some crazy hour in order to complete her book on time. You are both an inspiration.

the_traveler said...

Very nice indeed. Can't wait to see them, and you.

I see you went back to it after we talked.

Daisy said...

Beautiful! I enjoy seeing your art so much. You are blessed with such wonderful talent.

Lisa said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! You are all such a blessing to me :-)

It was a really fun day. I don't usually show anyone unfinished art. Thanks for letting me share with you.

Skeller said...

Oh Lisa! Your paintings are exquisite. I love the vivid colors and the sheer whimsy of them. Thanks for showing us your work in process - it's fascinating!