12/7/07

Mitten Tales


The work table hints at the projects I've been working on this week. Glass ornament blanks and polymer clay are strewn around the table waiting patiently to become one of these:


Each year I make an ornament for my sisters, brother, and nephews whom I see at the holidays. We have given up exchanging gifts for the most part as all our kids have grown to "teenhood" and beyond, but I still feel the need to give them something when we get together on Christmas Day.

This year's theme of tiny mittens is evident in my choice of ornament designs and my latest felt pillow adorned with polymer clay mittens that now brightens the felt and embroidery area of my studio. It's finally done save stitching up the bottom where I stuffed it.


This is the craft that inspired all the others. Several years ago I made this felt mitten garland and it instantly became, and has remained, one of my very favorite Christmas decorations. This year it graces the doorway between the great room and the kitchen.

Who doesn't love a precious little mitten?


1 comment:

ZePuKa said...

yay! little mittens for little people! :D