9/28/07

Life with the Sickies

Earle arrived home from his trip and walked right into the "sick house". Julia and Shawn were both in the middle of a nicely congested head cold, used Kleenexes littered the carpet and empty foil pouches that once held cold meds littered the counter tops. Welcome home, honey.
That was the first week. Having already had a mild cold I thought I was in the clear. Alas, I was mistaken. This week was my turn. Some sort of virus had me down and out most of the week with pains in the left side of my abdomen just below the rib cage, a fever, and some stomach upset (probably due to meds). I am finally on the mend and am looking forward to actually getting out of the house tomorrow for the first time since Monday.
So far Earle has managed to avoid coming down with any of these ailments. I hope his luck holds. Tomorrow we are planning to go apple picking and maybe next week we can get back to some canoeing. As I ventured out in the yard today I caught this pic of my favorite fall bush in its full fall coloration.

While I was coming down with the virus and feeling rather deflated and lackluster, I created this little project. It was something I could do while sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket. When I stuff it it will make a nice fall accent pillow for the living room.


Isn't it fun what you can do with a little felt, a few beads, and some embroidery floss?


While I wasn't able to get outside this week I was able to enjoy the encroaching color change in the trees out front. I love the view out this window the swooping branches of the silver maple hang lazily in front of the reddish leaves of the Japanese maple. As the season progresses the contrast will only improve as the silver maple turns to yellow and the Japanese maple to flame red.

So now we are hard at work into our new school year, Julia at the community college and Shawn at home with me. We are mostly recovered from our illnesses and looking forward to the fall activities ahead.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Lovely pillow cover! Wow!

Vanessa said...

I hope everyone feels better and Uncle Earle doesn't get sick. I've been feeling under the weather myself lately, must be the season change. That's so cool that you got the Charles River canoe! Isn't it great!?! We had a big day last week, it had me beat for the start of the work week, but well worth it to get out an enjoy the fall colors. I am so impressed with your pillow- I could never make something like that!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all better! :)